2015 Cookie Walk – 3rd Place
Return to Main Cookie Page
3rd Place Winning Recipe
One Bite Brownies with Caramel and Sea Salt
- 8 oz (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 jar caramel sauce (such as Chocolate Twist Carmel Sauce at Local Goods)
- sea salt
- Line mini muffin pans with baking cups. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt the butter, chocolate chips, and unsweetened chocolate in a double boiler over slowly simmering water until just melted. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Using a spoon only, stir the eggs, vanilla, optional almond, and sugar.
- Combine the cooled chocolate mixture with the egg mixture. Let sit until completely cooled.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the chocolate mixture.
- Using a small ice scream scoop, fill muffin tins.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- While brownies cook, slowly heat caramel sauce.
- When brownies are out of the oven, drizzle with caramel sauce and sprinkle with sea salt.
Note: Consider topping with raspberry or chocolate sauce the next time you make a batch.