2015 Cookie Walk – Chocolate Mints
Return to Main Cookie Page
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 box Andes® chocolate mints
- Over heat, melt the butter and brown sugar. Stir in the milk and then add the chocolate chips. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. Beat in the eggs. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the flour, salt, vanilla, and baking soda and stir together. Chill for one hour. While the dough is chilling, unwrap Andes chocolate mint candies and snap in half.
- Preheat the over to 350°. Drop cookie dough by teaspoon onto foil or parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the over and Immediately press mint halves into cookies. As the candy square begins to melt, smooth it lightly over the cookie, swirling the green mint center for a festive touch.