2015 Cookie Walk – Holiday Lime Cookies
Return to Main Cookie Page
Holiday Lime Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- granulated sugar (for rolling cookie balls)
- glaze – recipe follows
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat butter and powdered sugar in a large bowl at medium speed. Stir in flour, cornstarch, grated lime zest, and vanilla until well blended. Shape dough into 1″ ball*.
- Roll the balls in granulated sugar.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Using the bottom of a flat glass (2-1/4″ is the perfect size), flatten the cookie balls to flatten to 1/4″ thickness.
- Bake 9 -11 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
- Spoon glaze onto cooled cookies and let dry.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
1 medium lime yields 1-1/2 teaspoon zest and 2 tablespoon juice.
This recipe makes 3-1/2 to 4 dozen cookies.